Hiking from the original Jiankou to Mutianyu Great Wall
Take your time out for a 1 day trip into the amazing Great Wall from Beijing, the capital of China. You'll spend about 5 hours hiking from Jiankou to Mutianyu. You will have guided hiking, enjoy the spectacular views, and have some free time to explore this breathtaking original Great Wall.
Per person for 2 travelers
Contact us via WeChat
for any inquiry
Scan ChinaTravel QR Code
What To Expect
- Full-day hiking on the Great Wall from Jiankou to Mutianyu
- Pickup and drop-off from Beijing’s hotels
- Expert English- speaking guide and commentary
- Wonderful photography spots Traditional Chinese lunch
Your private guide and diver will pick you up at your hotel after breakfast at around 8 am and head to the foot of the Great Wall at Jiankou. The ride will take about 2.5 hours. Your hike will begin around 10:30. The hike on average takes 5 hours.
You will experience the original Great Wall at Jiankou and the restored Great Wall at Mutianyu. Your hike will start from Xizhazi Village, a small village at the foot of the mountain.
Zhenbei Building, a nearly-intact watchtower standing at the peak of Jiankou, You will spend 1-hour hiking on Zhenbei Building.
From there you will go eastwards to the Great Wall at Mutianyu via several untouched watchtowers, which are connected by broken walls.
After a challenging walk on the original rugged steps and broken walls, you will arrive at the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall. There you will enjoy a leisurely walk on the restored Great Wall.
You can try the fun toboggan down the mountain. The toboggan is optional with a price of 60 yuan per person. You can still hike or take a cable car down the mountain.
After the hiking, you will return to your hotel at around 6 pm.
Price Per Person in US Dollars
* The price may change during some festivals including the Spring Festival, Tomb Sweeping Day, Labor Day (1st May), Mid Autumn Day, and National Day (1st Oct.).
* The price is subject to change based on the exchange rate.
- Entrance fees.
- Meals are listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
from US $ p/p