Hangzhou Railway Station
China Train Ticket Booking
As one of the main train stations in Hangzhou, Hangzhou Railway Station features daily trains to and from Shanghai, Beijing, Suzhou, Ningbo, and other cities all over China. Hangzhou Station is located in the downtown area, which is convenient if you wish to go to West Lake, Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport, and East Train Station.
Easy communication and urgent tickets booking via WeChat
Scan ChinaTravel Business Team QR Code
- Name: Hangzhou Railway Station (Chinese: 杭州站; Hángzhōu Zhàn). Locals call it Chengzhan Railway Station.
- Address: 1 East Huancheng Road, Shangcheng District, Hangzhou (Chinese:杭州市上城区环城东路1号)
- Modes of transportation: Metro (line 1),
Bus (32 routes: 3, 7, 11, 39, 100, 108, 290, and 514).
Trains from Shanghai to Hangzhou
There are 16 trains running between Shanghai and Hangzhou Station, including 6 high-speed trains and 10 ordinary trains. Most of the high-speed trains start from Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station while all the ordinary trains run from Shanghai South Railway Station.
If you need more options, you can book alternative trains to Hangzhou East Railway Station.
|Destination||Popular Train(s) and Schedule||Travel Time||1st Class / 2nd Class Ticket Fares|
|From Shanghai to Hangzhou||G7395 (07:27–08:33)
|1–2 hours||US$22 / 13|
Most Popular Train Routes
Hangzhou Railway Station also has some daily trains connecting Beijing, Nanjing, Suzhou, Ningbo, and other cities.
- From Beijing Railway Station (2 trains): Z821 (19:10–12:23 + 1) and K101 (23:20–20:24 + 1). The duration of the journey is around 17–21 hours, and the fare is ~CN¥354 (US$50) for a hard sleeper and ~CN¥552 (US$78) for a soft sleeper.
- From Nanjing Railway Station / South Railway Station, around 20 trains run every day from 00:00 to 22:00. The duration of the journey in a G-train is between 90 minutes and 2 hours, while slow trains take around 4–8 hours. The ticket price is around CN¥127 (US$18) for a second-class seat and CN¥170 (US$24) for a first-class one.
- From Suzhou Railway Station , 10 trains run between 2:30 and 17:00, and the duration of the journey is around 2 ½–5½ hours. The fare for a second-class seat is around CN¥100 (US$14).
- From Ningbo Railway Station, 8 ordinary trains run between 13:00 and 20:00. The duration of the journey is 2½–3 hours one way. The fare is ~CN¥92 (US$13) for a hard sleeper and ~CN¥127 (US$18) for a soft sleeper.
Note: Train information is subject to change and is solely for your reference.
+1 refers to a next-day arrival.
Hangzhou Train Station consists of a terminal building and a square. The 3-storeyed terminal building connects to a 17-storeyed building that has shops, restaurants, and a hotel.
The terminal layout is as follows:
- The second floor includes waiting rooms and checkpoints, and the ticket office has a self-service ticket machine, taxi stand (drop-off), restaurants, and shops.
- The first floor has platforms, a waiting room with soft seats, the parking lot, and the bus station.
- The basement, that is, -1F, has the taxi stand (pick-up), arrival hall, more parking lots, the exit, and the metro station.
Transportation to/from Hangzhou Station
As the station is centrally located, it is easy to make your way to the popular tourist sites by the metro, taxi, or bus.
- West Lake, Hangzhou's most famous attraction, is around 2 km (1 mi) from the station.
1. To get there by metro, take metro line 1 to Longxiang Bridge Station (2 stops) and leave the station through Exit C (10 mins) to get to the east lakeside.
2. By taxi, it will take you around 18 minutes to get to the famous Bai Causeway. The fare will be around CN¥21 (US$3).
3. To get there by bus, take the bus Y2 that starts from the station and runs around the lake. You can get off at the Scenic Spot bus station.
- To reach Xiaoshan Airport, take the airport shuttle bus from the parking lots in the center of Station Square. Bus services are available from 06:00 to 21:00 and depart every 30 minutes. The journey usually takes about 35 minutes and the fare is CN¥20 (~US$3) per person. Note that the bus only starts after it is full. Taxis are far more convenient, and the fare is priced at ~CN¥125 (US$18).
- To get to Hangzhou East Railway Station, simply take metro line 1 for 8 stops.
Useful Travel Tips
1. Do arrive at the station with plenty of time to spare before your stated departure time — arrive at least 50 minutes in advance and at least 1½ hours beforehand during public holidays. Ticket checking and waiting in the station can take some time.
2. There is no official luggage storage in Hangzhou train station, but there are electronic lockers in the waiting area. The charges are CN¥10 (~US$1) for a small locker and CN¥20 (~US$3) for a large one.
Hangzhou West Lake
Exploring Hangzhou with China Travel
Hangzhou is famous for its West Lake, the local Longjing tea, the historical Lingyin Temple, and Alibaba’s headquarters.
If you are planning a tour of Hangzhou, get in touch with us to explore the old and new parts of this city with your own guide and private driver. See our most popular Hangzhou tours for inspiration.
- 4-Day Essence of Hangzhou Tour Including the Famous Wuzhen Water Town
- 5-day Classic Hangzhou and Shanghai Tour
Alternatively, contact us and we will tailor-make a unique Hangzhou tour for you.