Hangzhou East Railway Station
Hangzhou East Railway Station is one of the largest transportation hubs in China, operating both bullet trains and regular passenger trains. The transit system covers all the famous sights and attractions in and around the city.
- Name: Hangzhou East Railway Station (杭州东站, Hángzhōudōng Zhàn)
- Address: 2 Quanfuqiao Road, Jianggan District, Hangzhou (杭州市江干区全福桥路2号)
- Modes of transport: metro (Line 1 and Line 4); bus (50 routes: B7, 9, 391, 31, 20, 358, 1603, and more); and airport bus
- Long-distance bus station: Hangzhou Changyun Coach Station (杭州长运公路汽车站)
Entrance of Hangzhou East Railway Station
Trains from Shanghai to Hangzhou
Around 180 trains run between Shanghai and Hangzhou East Railway Station. Most of these trains can be taken from the following two stations.
- From Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station (上海虹桥站, most recommended): Only bullet trains operate on this route, with more than 130 trains running daily between 06:00–21:30. The journey takes about an hour, and tickets for second-class seats are priced at CN¥78 (US$11).
- From Shanghai South Railway Station (上海南站): This station offers only five bullet train options, but there are over 30 regular trains that operate between 05:00–20:40. Regular trains take around 2–2½ hours per ride, and the tickets cost around CN¥78 (US$11) for a hard sleeper.
Book your train tickets to Hangzhou East Railway Station.
Most Popular Train Routes
Hangzhou East Railway Station is the central train station in Hangzhou, with trains running daily from Beijing, Ningbo, Nanjing, Suzhou, and other cities.
- From Beijing South Railway Station (北京南站), 14 bullet trains run daily between 07:15–18:00. The journey lasts for 4½–7 hours, depending on the train speed. Tickets cost around CN¥553 (US$78) per person for a second-class seat.
- From Ningbo Railway Station (宁波站), 93 fast trains run daily between 06:24–21:27. The journey lasts for about 50 minutes to 1½ hours. Tickets for a second-class seat are priced at CN¥78 (US$11).
- From Nanjing South Railway Station (南京南站), around 100 fast trains run daily between 06:14–21:37. The trip duration is about 1–3 hours, and the ticket price for a second-class seat is around CN¥227 (US$32).
- From Suzhou Railway Station / Suzhou North Railway Station (苏州站/苏州北站), there are more than 95 departures from 07:14 to 19:20. There are options for both high-speed and regular trains, with a journey lasting typically 80 minutes to 4½ hours. The fare for a second-class seat is around CN¥128 (US$18).
Note: Train information is subject to change and is just for reference.
Hangzhou East Railway Station has a five-floor terminal building, with three underground floors and two above ground. There are two station squares with city buses and parking lots. The Hangzhou Changyun Coach Station is located in East Square.
The terminal layout is as follows:
- The second floor has a waiting room, ticket offices, including self-service ticket machines, luggage booths, checkpoints, a taxi stand (drop-off), restaurants, shops, and an information desk.
- The first floor has platforms.
- -1F has a taxi stand (pick-up), arrival hall, and exit.
- -2F includes the metro station (Line 1).
- -3F (basement) has the metro station (Line 4).
Transportation to/from Hangzhou East Railway Station
As a transit hub, Hangzhou East Railway Station offers city buses, metros, taxis, and long-distance buses to help you reach popular sites within the city or in nearby areas.
Hangzhou West Lake
It is the most remarkable scenic spot in Hangzhou city and is about 12 km (7 mi) away.
- By metro: Take Line 1 to Longxiang Bridge Station (six stops, CN¥4 / US$0.50) and exit the station via Exit C to get to the east side of the lake.
- By taxi: It takes about 32 minutes to get to the beautiful Bai Causeway. The taxi fare is approximately CN¥50 (US$7).
- By bus: Take the No. 2 Digital Tourist Shuttle Bus for Yinxihu (nine stops, CN¥5 / US$0.7) from the bus station in the West Square and get off at Su Causeway station.
Xiaoshan International Airport
- You can take the airport shuttle bus that departs from East Square. The bus runs daily from 05:30–21:00, leaving every 30 minutes from 05:30–09:00, and every 15 minutes from 09:00–21:00. The ride usually lasts for 30 minutes and costs CN¥20 (US$3) for a ticket. Alternatively, you can take a taxi (around 40 minutes, CN¥142 / US$20) or opt for a private transfer with us to get there.
- Take Metro Line 1, which takes eight stops to reach Hangzhou Railway Station.
Wuzhen Water Town
- You can take a long-distance bus from Hangzhou Changyun Coach Station in East Square. There are six departures in a day, starting at 08:25, 10:00, 12:00, 13:50, 15:45, and 17:10. Tickets cost around CN¥35 (US$5) per person.
- There is no direct public transportation to this famous temple. We recommend you take a taxi, which costs around CN¥64 (US$9) and takes approximately 50 minutes.
Useful Travel Tips
1. There are self-service luggage lockers in the arrival hall and waiting room. The fee varies between CN¥5–
30 (US$35–213) depending on the storage time and luggage size.
2. The Hangzhou Changyun Coach Station not only services the route to Wuzhen, but it also offers coaches
to other places, such as Thousand Islets Lake, Shanghai, and Mount Putuo.