Suzhou North Railway Station
China Train Ticket Booking
Suzhou North Railway Station is a high-speed railway station in Suzhou, which is easily accessible for travelers to take bullet trains to and from Shanghai, Beijing, Hangzhou, Nanjing, and other cities. It is 11 kilometers (7 miles) away from Suzhou Railway Station and 15 kilometers (9 miles) from the famous Humble Administrator's Garden.
Easy communication and urgent tickets booking via WeChat
Scan ChinaTravel Business Team QR Code
Suzhou North Railway Station Facts
- Chinese: 苏州北站 (pinyin: Sūzhōu Běi Zhàn)
- Address: South Tiancheng Road, Xiangcheng District, Chinese: 苏州市相城区南天城路)
- Transportation: Metro Line 2 / bus 811, 819, 824, 871, 873, and 877
Train Journey from Shanghai to Suzhou
Suzhou North Railway Station is located in the middle of the popular Shanghai–Beijing high-speed railway. It’s quite convenient to take a train from Shanghai every day — more than 70 trains run from Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station and Shanghai Railway Station to Suzhou North Railway Station.
- From Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station: 64 G/D trains operate from 06:10 to 20:13 (about 25–35 minutes, US$6 for a second-class seat)
- From Shanghai Railway Station: seven G trains run from 07:00 to 19:51 (about 25–35 minutes, US$6 for a second-class seat)
Other Popular Train Routes
Suzhou North Railway Station also has high-speed trains running to Beijing, Nanjing, Hangzhou, Jinan, Tianjin, Qingdao, Xuzhou, and other cities.
- To Beijing South Railway Station: 17 G trains run from Suzhou to Beijing from 07:27 to 17:48 (about 5–6 hours, US$75 for a second-class seat)
- To Hangzhou East Railway Station: 15 G trains run from 08:12 to 19:20 (1½ to 2 hours, US$16 for a second-class seat)
- To Nanjing South Railway Station: about 70 G/D trains run daily from 06:35 to 20:38 (about 1 hour, US$15 for a second-class seat)
Get real-time high-speed train schedules and book train tickets.
Traveling from Suzhou North Railway Station to Other Places
Suzhou Lingering Garden
- To Humble Administrator's Garden: Take bus 811 to Beisita Station (23 stops) and then walk for about 2 kilometers (1 mile) to reach the garden.
- To Lingering Garden: Take Metro Line 2 to Shilu Station (11 stops) and then walk for about 1 kilometer (0.6 mile) to reach the famous garden.
- To Suzhou Railway Station: Take Metro Line 2 directly to Suzhou Railway Station, which takes about 35 minutes.
- To Tongli Water Town / Zhouzhuang Water Town: Go to Suzhou Railway Station via Metro Line 2 first and then take a long-distance bus from the North Square station. Daily buses run to the nearby water towns.
Useful Travel Tips
- There is a metro station close to Suzhou North Railway Station. Just walk for about 250 meters to reach Suzhou North Station and take Metro Line 2.
- Suzhou Railway Station is closer to the classical gardens than Suzhou North Railway Station.
Plan Your Suzhou Trip with Us
Usually, it's recommended to visit Suzhou in 1 or 2 days. How can you maximize your travel experience to see Suzhou's highlights? If you tour Suzhou with us, our experienced English-speaking guides and private drivers will escort you to discover the history and stories behind this charming city. They are local experts in Suzhou.
Please feel free to share your tour ideas with us. We look forward to helping you soon!