Suzhou Metro, also known as Suzhou Rail Transit, has 6 lines in operation, including Line 1, Line 2, Line 3, Line 4, Line 4 Branch Line, Line 5, and Line 11. The total operating mileage is 251 kilometers.
The broadcasts in Suzhou Rail Transit use both Mandarin and English. The broadcast content includes arrival reminders, door-opening reminders, transfer reminders, etc.
Suzhou Metro Map
Suzhou Metro covers Suzhou Railway Station, Suzhou North Railway Station, Mudu Water Town, and Shantang Jie (Shantang Street), among other destinations.
Suzhou Metro Interchange Stations
There are 6 open lines in Suzhou subway with 16 active interchange stations. In addition, some stations also offer interchanges with the Suzhou Tram at exit points.
|Station Name||Line A||Line B|
|广济南路站 | Guangji Nanlu Station||Line 1||Line 2|
|狮子山站 | Shizishan Station||Line 1||Line 3|
|东方之门站 | Dongfangzhimen Station||Line 1||Line 3|
|乐桥站 | Leqiao Station||Line 1||Line 4|
|星塘街站 | Xingtang Jie Station||Line 1||Line 5|
|盘蠡路站 | Panli Lu Station||Line 2||Line 3|
|苏州火车站 | Suzhou Railway Station||Line 2||Line 4|
|石湖东路站 | Shihu Donglu Station||Line 2||Line 4|
|劳动路站 | Laodonglu Station||Line 2||Line 5|
|宝带路站 | Baodailu Station||Line 3||Line 4|
|索山桥西站 | Suoshanqiao West Station||Line 3||Line 5|
|金厍桥站 | Jinsheqiao Station||Line 3||Line 5|
|葑亭大道站 | Fengtingdadao Station||Line 3||Line 5|
|唯亭站 | Weiting Station||Line 3||Line 11|
|南门站 | Nanmen Station||Line 4||Line 5|
|红庄站 | Hongzhuang Station||Line 4||Line 4 Branch Line|
|花桥站 | Huaqiao Station||Line 11||Shanghai metro Line 11|
Suzhou Metro Operating Hours
|Line 1||To Mudu
|To Zhongnan Stree
|Line 2||To Qihe
|Line 3||To Suzhou New District Railway Station
|Line 4||To Longdaobing
|Line 4 Branch Line||To Hongzhuang
|Line 5||To Xiangshan
|To Yangchenghu South
|Line 11||To Weiting
|To Shanghai Huaqiao
The ticket fares for Suzhou Metro depend on the distance traveled and the number of stops, ranging from 2 to 8 CNY per person.
There are also other fares for specific tickets, as follows:
- 1-day ticket (15 CNY, no frequency of use in 24 hours)
- 3-day ticket (25 CNY, no frequency of use in 72 hours)
- Monthly ticket (first time: 60 CNY/20 times, 85 CNY/30 times, 130 CNY/50 times; recharge: 50 CNY/20 times, 75 CNY/30 times, 120 CNY/50 times)
How to Purchase Subway Tickets
Every subway station in Suzhou is equipped with automated ticket machines where you can buy single-trip tickets. These machines accept both cash and bank card payments. Additionally, some subway stations have manned ticket counters where you can purchase single-trip tickets or recharge your transit cards..
Passengers can also use mobile apps like Alipay and WeChat to purchase subway tickets. After selecting the subway QR code option on the app, you generate a QR code that you can scan at the gates for entry and exit.
You can buy electronic single-trip tickets or top up your transit cards through the official Suzhou Metro App "苏e行". Just download the application and follow the in-app instructions to make your purchase or recharge your card.
Valid for use on the same day and at the same station the ticket was purchased. Regular single-trip tickets and prepaid single-trip tickets must be inserted into the exit gate machine, while invalid single-trip tickets are reclaimed by the transit station.
The types of tickets are divided into "50-times electronic count-tickets" and "100-times electronic count-tickets". Count-based tickets are for single-person use, and do not limit the distance traveled. One count is deducted at the time of exit.
The types of tickets are divided into "physical/electronic one-day tickets" and "physical/electronic three-day tickets". Physical tourist tickets are valid for the year of purchase without limitation on distance or times of use. Electronic tourist tickets are valid immediately upon purchase without limitation on distance or times of use. Tourist tickets are for single-person use.
Valid within the marked period of validity. Invalid after expiration. Only for a single ride, unlimited distance, no reclaim upon exit. No refund or loss reporting.
How to Reach Popular Destinations in Suzhou by Subway
Humble Administrators Garden
- Humble Administrator's Garden: Take Line 4 and get off at Beisita Station, then walk to the east for about 1 kilometer (0.6 miles) to see the representative example of Suzhou s gardens.
- Suzhou Museum: It s close to the Humble Administrator s Garden. You should take Line 4, get off at Beisita Station, and then walk about 800 meters to the east.
- Lingering Garden: Take Line 2 and get off at Shilu Station, then walk for about 1 kilometer (0.6 miles) heading northwest.
- Tongli Water Town: Take Line 4 and get off at Tongli Station. Then take a bus or taxi for about 15 minutes to reach the wonderful water town.
- Suzhou Railway Station: There are two lines in this station — Line 2 and Line 4.
- Suzhou North Railway Station: This station utilizes Line 2, which is about 250 meters from the train station.
Useful Tips for Using Suzhou Metro
- There are more passengers during the morning peak (07:30–09:00) and evening peak (17:00–19:00) on weekdays so it's better to avoid these times.
- Smoking is not allowed in the stations or on trains.
- We try to provide accurate transportation information as much as possible. However, timings and prices are subject to change depending on different situations.
Plan Your Suzhou Trip with Us
Usually, it's recommended to visit Suzhou in 1 or 2 days. How can you maximize your travel experience to see Suzhou's highlights? If you tour Suzhou with us, our experienced English-speaking guides and private drivers will escort you to discover the history and stories behind this charming city. They are local experts in Suzhou.
Please feel free to share your tour ideas with us. We look forward to helping you soon!