Suzhou and Tongli Water Town Tour from Shanghai
Prepare to transport to a different world! Water towns and gardens boasted its unique features in China.
You will first visit a famous Chinese garden in Suzhou and have a rickshaw ride in Shantang Old Street. In the afternoon, you will visit Tongli, your guide will tell stories about things that once happened in fluid Tongli. It counted as the best value water town to visit near Suzhou.
Per person for 2 travelers
What To Expect
- Visit the Lingering Garden (Liu Yuan), one the most classical gardens in Suzhou
- Take a half-hour rickshaw ride through Suzhou old streets
- Relax in Tongli Water Town, including Tuisi Garden (UNESCO World Heritage Site) and bridges
- Take a gondola ride through ancient canals of Tongli
- Serve by a professional driver with over 5 years’ experiences and English-speaking guide with excellent knowledge of the water towns
The Night before Your Tour arranging a pickup time
Your guide will call you between 7pm and 8pm the night before your tour, to confirm the exact pickup time based on your preference.
If don’t receive a call or a message at your hotel desk, please call our Shanghai Office on 13910694045. We will helps to resolve any problem immediately.
Good to Know
- Your car: air-conditioned business van.
- Your guide: licensed and fluent in English, knows the culture of the water towns very well
- Your driver: professional with over 5 years of experience
8:30am-10:30am Shanghai hotel pickup and transfer to the Lingering Garden in Suzhou
Your guide will wait for you at your hotel lobby at the appointed time in Shanghai. then transfer directly to Suzhou. You will spend about 2 hours on the roadway.
Good to Know
If you plan to leave Shanghai after the tour, you can check out from your hotel. We can transfer you to the airport or train station after the tour for an extra fee. Please tell us your flight departure time when you book, so we can arrange your transfers.
10:30-11:30 Visit the Lingering Garden (Liu Yuan)
Lingering Garden is an elaborate succession of small gardens built in 1593 AD, with small beautifully pools, meandering rock paths, little hills, old trees, and flowers make you feel you are away from the bustle world. This garden is less crowd in peaceful ambience, enjoy your time linger around.
11:40-12:10 Ride a Rickshaw to See Suzhou
Have a leisurely time in a rickshaw ride. Your rickshaw driver will take you around Shantang Old Street. See Narrow alleys, small streets, and small tributaries of the ancient canal decorate the ancient city, and people watching as many sightseers walked by.
12:10-13:20 Lunch in a Local Restaurant
After the rickshaw ride, it is time for lunch. You will be transferred to a local restaurant and savor your taste buds of authentic cuisine.
Here are two recommended local restaurants:
- Yangyang Dumpling Restaurant offers dumplings and local food.
- Li Private Cuisine is well-known for its local food, such as fish from Lake Tai, duck with local sauce and fried eggs.
13:20-14:00 Transfer from Suzhou to Tongli Water Town
After lunch, your guide and driver will escort you to Tongli Water Town.
14:00-16:00 Relax in Tongli Water Town and Tuisi Garden
Tongli is a beautiful, picturesque Chinese water town. It has stone bridges and well-preserved ancient architecture, including private gardens, temples and houses. It's not difficult to imagine how life must have been there 100 years ago.
Things to do in Tongli are take a gondola ride down the waterway and see quaint bridges. See an interesting show involving cormorants, which will have a rope around one of their legs attached to the boat.
Good to Know
- It’s uncommon to find western-style toilets in the water towns, but our guides know where they are.
- You may come across some tour groups in Tongli. But it is less crowded than other water towns.
- There are almost no signs in English in Tongli and local people know very little English.
16:30-18:00 Transfer from Tongli Water Town to Shanghai
After the tour, you will transfer back to Shanghai. We’d be more than happy to help you if you need to be transferred to the airport, cruise terminal or train station.
Please note that you should arrive at the airport 1.5 hours ahead of departure time for domestic flights, and 3 hours for international flights.
Price Per Person in US Dollars
* The price may change during some festivals including the Spring Festival, Tomb Sweeping Day, Labor Day (1st May), Mid Autumn Day and National Day (1st Oct.).
* The price is subject to change based on exchange rate.
- Entrance fees.
- Meals listed in the itinerary.
- Private transfers.
- Private English-speaking guide and driver.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Taxes.
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
- Luggage Transfers.
Good to Know
- This is a private no-shopping tour. Your guide and driver only serve your party on your tour day.
- You will receive a confirmation letter within 24 hours of payment.
- An extra fee will be applied if you need to be transferred to or from the airport, cruise terminal or train station.
- An extra fee will also be applied if your hotel is outside the middle ring road in Shanghai.
Tour Code: shalc-62
Tour type: One Day Trips (Private Tour)
from US $ p/p