Xi'an Travel Guide
Xi'an, anciently known as Chang'an, is the capital city of Shaanxi and the starting point of the Silk Road. It played a very important part in Chinese history.
Xi'an is proud of its profound history and numerous ancient heritage such as Terracotta Army.
Top Things to Do in Xi'an
Xi'an has plenty of sights and interesting places which will unfold its history to travelers. Following are the top 5 things you should not miss when traveling to Xi'an.
- Find the answer to why Emperor Qin built the Terracotta Army;
- Try local street food at the Muslim Quarter;
- Cycle around the Ancient City Wall to feel and touch a piece of history;
- Visit Shaanxi Historical Museum which tells the stories of the 13 different dynasties which used Xi'an as their capital in Ancient China;
- Trek on the narrow plank along the cliffside at Mt. Huashan.
Read more on Top Things to Do in Xi'an.
Top Attractions in Xi'an
As one of China's seven ancient capitals, Xi'an served as the capital for 13 ancient dynasties over 1,000 years. Except for the world-wowed Terracotta Army of the First Emperor, there are countless other sights scattering the city.
- Terracotta Army
- Ancient City Wall
- Big Wild Goose Pagoda
- Shaanxi Historical Museum
- The Muslim Quarter
- Mount Huashan
- All Xi'an Attractions
Best Time to Visit Xi'an
Xian has four distinct seasons and a moderate climate. The best to visit Xi'an is spring and autumn.
The period from April to May when the blossoms are in full bloom and the period from September to November when the weather is pleasant are the best periods for visiting Xi'an.
- Read more on Xi'an Weather.
Travel Xi'an with Us
Xian is one of the most popular tourist destinations in China. While in Xian, you'll be amazed by the majestic Terracotta Army, immerse yourself in the historical and cultural atmosphere.
All these trips are flexible and ready to be customized to meet your interests, schedule, and budget.