Hong Kong Travel Guide
Hong Kong, HK for short, is a Special Administrative Region (SAR) of the People's Republic of China, nestled within the Greater Bay Area on the southeastern coast.
Hong Kong is a must-visit destination. As a vibrant blend of Eastern and Western influences, you will marvel at its towering skyscrapers and indulge in the lively culinary scene.
To the west, Hong Kong overlooks Macau across the sea, while its northern border is shared with Shenzhen. You'll also benefit from its strategic location which ensures excellent connectivity to other cities in China and Asia.
Top Things to Do in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a versatile destination offering a profusion of experiences:
- Savor delicious dim sums from upscale restaurants to local street stalls.
- Take a hike or tram ride up to Victoria Peak for a panoramic city view.
- Stroll along Victoria Harbour, especially during the evening to witness its magnificent light display.
- Visit the outlying islands to experience beautiful beaches and fresh seafood.
- Enjoy exciting theme parks with family and kids, such as the famous Hong Kong Disneyland and the marine-life-themed Ocean Park.
- Go to Macau to experience the vibrant casino and historical heritage by One Day Hong Kong to Macau SIC Tour
Do I Need a Visa to Hong Kong?
Hong Kong extends a visa-free policy to citizens from about 170 countries, including the US, Canada, Australia, and most European countries.
Depending on your nationality, the duration of visa-free entry can vary from 7 to 180 days. Learn more about Hong Kong's Visa Policy.
Furthermore, you can enjoy this visa-free policy during a layover tour of Hong Kong. Take full advantage of your stopover by exploring Hong Kong's must-see attractions, immersing yourself in shopping, or even taking a quick trip to Macau.
Check our Complete Guide to a Hong Kong Layover for detailed tips and advice.
How to Travel to and from Hong Kong?
Hong Kong's transportation system gives you seamless connectivity from major cities in the US, Australia, and Europe to other cities in China and across Asia.
With the world-class Hong Kong International Airport at your disposal, you can easily travel from numerous global destinations.
The highly efficient high-speed railway gives you a direct line to the Chinese mainland and includes routes to cities such as Guangzhou, Shenzhen, and Guilin.
You can also take advantage of the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge, providing you other ways to Macau and Zhuhai.
- Train between Hong Kong and Guangzhou
- Train between Hong Kong and Shenzhen
- Train between Hong Kong and Beijing
- Train between Hong Kong and Guilin
- Train between Hong Kong and Dongguan
- How to Travel from Hong Kong to Macau
Recommended Hong Kong Tours for 2023/2024
Hong Kong is visitor-friendly, particularly for those who speak English, making it an excellent place for people who prefer to travel independently.
However, if you seek a deeper understanding of Hong Kong or wish for a worry-free tour, considering a guided tour is a good option. We are here to make your journey smoother and more enjoyable.
- One-Day Hong Kong to Macau Seat-in-Coach Tour - go to Macau to visit the must-sees just in 1 day
- Day Essence of Hong Kong for Families - enjoy classic places + Disneyland
- Hong Kong Airport Express Tickets - the hottest transportation from HK airport to downtown
- Ocean Park Hong Kong Ticket - the most desirable theme park