Beijing Weather in November
Beijing’s winter starts from mid-November, the temperature becomes lower and the wind is strong. Usually, 15th November is the official day for starting the indoor heating system in Beijing. But in early November, you still have a chance to see red maple leaves. There are many sunny days in November, it seldom rains and snows.
If you don't mind the cold weather, visit Beijing in November is good as you can take advantage of the lower tourist numbers.
Average November Weather Statistics in Beijing
- Average Temperature: 2.5º Celsius (37º Fahrenheit)
- High Temperature: 7º Celsius (45º Fahrenheit)
- Low Temperature: -2º Celsius (28º Fahrenheit)
- Rainfall: 10 Millimeters (0.4 Inches)
- Rainy Days: 1
- Humidity: 54%
- Average Sunrise Time: 06:59
- Average Sunset Time: 16:59
Beijing Temperature in November
What to Wear in Beijing in November
1. Padded jackets, winter pants, sweaters, and thermals. You will need something for the chilly and windy weather, so warm coats and underwear are necessary. Make sure to bring a coat with a strong outer shell that can repel wind, and keep you sufficiently warm.
2. Hat, gloves, and scarf. Especially if you plan on climbing the Great Wall, the wind is very strong and you may need your hands for some of the hiking.
3. Thick socks and warm shoes. Beijing is cold in late November, keeping your feet toasty warm is important.
Is November a Good Time to Visit Beijing?
It depends on you. If you don’t mind the cold, dry weather of winter, then yes. If you would rather be sweltering under the summer sun, then you probably wouldn’t like November in Beijing. November is the start of the tourist off-season, there are some advantages and disadvantages to visiting Beijing in November.
- Compared with the golden October, the number of tourists will be much thinner in November.
- You can get good discounts on entrance tickets, accommodation, and airfare.
- Early November is a good time to see red leaves in Beijing.
- Beijing will become very cold after the middle of November.
- The air quality is bad in winter, the concentrations of PM2.5 are high.
- Some activities as rowing are impossible when the water is frozen.
What to Do in Beijing in November
1. View the beauty of the Forbidden City and the Great Wall in less crowd. The Forbidden City and the Great Wall are the most popular attractions in Beijing, they will be crowded and packed in high season. If you want to savor the sights in a quiet environment, November is a good choice.
2. Visit the National Museum and Hutong. Compared with the above outdoor attractions, indoor attractions offer you pleasant views combined with warm conditions in the cold winter. You will learn Chinese history in the famous museum. By visiting a local family in the Hutong area, you will experience authentic Chinese culture.
3. Enjoy birding at local parks or local reservoirs. The most proper time of the year for birding in Beijing falls in spring and autumn. If you are a birding lover, early November is a good time for birding in Beijing. Yeyahu Lake, Olympic Green Park, and Daxing Nanhaizi Park are recommended.
Tips for Visiting Beijing in November
1. Put on more clothes when you visit the Great Wall. There are many sections of the Great Wall in Beijing, all of them are located on the outskirts of Beijing. The wind is stronger and the temperature is lower in the suburban area, especial at the top of the mountains.
2. Prepare some masks. The air quality is not very good in November, the concentrations of PM2.5 are relatively high. You are suggested to wear a mask to protect yourself from air pollution.
Tour Beijing with Us
Beijing weather in November is regularly good, but how to maximize your travel experience when it’s bad? If you tour Beijing with us, our experienced English-speaking guides will escort you and adjust your itinerary according to the weather changes. They are local and know everything about Beijing.
Please feel free to share with us your tour ideas. We look forward to serving you soon! Perhaps one of our best Beijing tours will interest you: