Beijing Weather in October
Autumn in Beijing is very short, mainly from September to October, with very cool and comfortable weather conditions and sufficient sunshine. Beijing weather in October becomes cooler and dryer than in September, it is also one of the best times to visit Beijing.
In this harvest season, the maple leaves of the Fragrant Hill all turn brilliant red, presenting a colorful hill, which is the most charming autumn scenery in Beijing.
Average October Weather Statistics in Beijing
- Average Temperature: 13.5º Celsius (56º Fahrenheit)
- High Temperature: 19.1º Celsius (66º Fahrenheit)
- Low Temperature: 7.9º Celsius (46º Fahrenheit)
- Rainfall: 25 Millimeters (1 Inch)
- Rainy Days: 3
- Humidity: 58%
- Average Sunrise Time: 06:25
- Average Sunset Time: 17:35
Beijing Temperature in October
What to Wear in Beijing in October
1. Jackets, sweaters, and long pants. Beijing weather becomes cool and dry in October. The temperature difference between day and night is substantial, warm coats are necessary to keep warm.
2. Shirts and layers. Beijing weather in October is changeable, it may be hot in the afternoon. Layers are important because they can keep you warm, and you can remove them as you hike if you get too hot.
3. Sneakers. October is a good time to enjoy hiking in Beijing. Good hiking shoes are good for you when you hike on the Great Wall.
Is October a Good Time to Visit Beijing?
October is a period of golden time to visit Beijing, it is an autumn season and will transit to winter from late October. There are a few advantages and disadvantages to visiting Beijing in October.
- The weather is comfortable and cool.
- Seldom rains, there are many clear sunny days.
- View beautiful autumn scenery like colorful leaves.
- October is a high tourist season in Beijing. There are many tourists in popular attractions. Every scenic spot would be crowded during the National Day holiday.
- Hotels are in high demand, it may be fully booked in advance.
What to Do in Beijing in October
1. Visit the Forbidden City. The Forbidden City, in the very heart of Beijing, is the largest and best-preserved ancient imperial architectural complex in the world. It is a must-see attraction in Beijing. You are suggested to visit the palace in the early morning to avoid the crowds.
2. Hike on the Jinshanling Great Wall. It takes about 2½ hours to drive to Jinshanling from Beijing. It was regarded as the most photogenic and most beautiful section of the Great Wall. The walks in this section are graded as moderate. With pleasant weather in October, it is a good time to hike on the wall.
3. Climb Fragrant Hill and view colorful maple leaves. The Fragrant Hill, as the most beautiful sight in autumn Beijing, wins its fame all over the world with its maple leaves. The best time to admire autumn color in Fragrant Hill is during mid-October.
Tips for Visiting Beijing in October
1. Avoid the National Day holiday. 1-7 October is the Chinese National Day holiday, it is also called the Golden Week. It is the busiest travel time for the whole year, every tourist site will be unbelievably crowded. You can’t imagine what the feeling is like when 1.3 billion people are traveling at the same time and in the same country. Please avoid this period if possible.
2. Book hotels and transportation in advance. October is still a high tourist season, hotels and transportations are in high demand, they may be fully booked one month in advance.
Tour Beijing with Us
Beijing weather in October is comfortable, it is a good time to visit Beijing. How to maximize your travel experience? If you tour Beijing with us, our experienced English-speaking guides will escort you and adjust your itinerary according to the weather conditions and crowded status. They are local and know everything about Beijing.
Please feel free to share with us your tour ideas. We look forward to serving you soon! Perhaps one of our best Beijing tours will interest you:
Back to Beijing Weather