Beijing Travel Guide
Beijing, "北京" in Chinese, is the capital of China. With more than 3,000 years of history, this ancient city has turned into a charming destination combining traditional culture and modern fashion.
Beijing is a must-visit city for travelers who come to China for the first time. It is one of the "10 best places to visit in the Asia Pacific", named by Lonely Planet in 2019.
Top Things to Do in Beijing:
- If you are a fan of Chinese imperial culture, explore the Forbidden City and Summer Palace.
- If you want to admire one of the greatest wonders of the world, climb the Great Wall of China.
- If you are interested in local neighborhood life, Beijing Hutongs will not let you down.
- If you are fond of local food, the Beijing Roast Duck is not to be missed.
- If you are a fan of Bruce Lee or like Chinese Kung Fu, enjoy a Kung Fu Show in Red Theater.
Top Attractions in Beijing
Beijing is world-famous for its historical and cultural sites. With numerous attractions, there are the top 3 must-visits in Beijing: the Great Wall of China, the Forbidden City, and Tian'anmen Square.
- See all Beijing attractions
Best Time to Visit Beijing
Typically, the best periods to visit Beijing are spring and autumn, with very comfortable weather and pleasant scenery. September and October are the best months to go to Beijing. Beijing in autumn is dry and sunny, with comfortable temperature and beautiful fallen leaves.
If you prefer a certain kind of season, read the Best Time to Visit Beijing to be more prepared. Read more details on Beijing Weather and Climate
Where to Stay in Beijing
As an international city, Beijing has a vast range of accommodations suiting every budget from luxury hotels to guesthouses. The majority of the hotels in Beijing are in 10 neighborhoods, from which you can choose the most suitable one to stay. Read Where to Stay in Beijing for more details.
How to Get to and Around Beijing
Beijing has a highly developed public transport system for people traveling to and getting around the city. The most reliable way to travel within the city is by subway.
The fastest way to get to Beijing is by air or high-speed train, depending on which city you come from. There are direct flights to Beijing from China's major cities like Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Xi'an. Bullet train is the best option if you travel between Beijing and Tianjin:
- Travel between Beijing and Hong Kong
- Travel from Beijing to Shanghai
- How to Travel from Beijing to Tianjin?
- How to Travel from Beijing to Xi'an?